MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) for Parents – Caring for Yourself while Caring for Your Child
This 8-week course is based on Jon Kabat-Zinn’s MBSR Protocol, also offered to a general audience.
In this case, the focus of the meetings will be related to the specific stress related to being a parent at a time when the lack of extended family’s support and the contemporary lifestyle are big challenges to be faced.
Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Protocol will be complemented with reflections and practices taken from academic and clinical specialists such as dr. Susan Bogels, dr. Amy Saltzman, dr. Daniel Siegel, dr. Jefffey Young – but also spiritual figures like Thich Nath Hanh. We will explore what automatic reactions are triggered by children’s behaviour, in order to see that we have the option of responding differently to our children, connecting to them at a deeper level, as well as to our own inner child we are often not in contact with – through the so-called ‘re-parenting’ process.
PLEASE NOTE: this is an online course – get in touch if you’re interested in organising and in-person Protocol.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Students 20
- Assessments Yes
MBSR for Parents
- Class 1: The Challenges of Parenting
- Class 2: Play – The Beginner’s Mind
- Class 3: Check-in with Your Body
- Class 4: Creative Thinking: from Reacting to Responding
- Class 5: Habits, Patterns and Schemas
- Class 6: Difficult Communications
- Class 7: Compassion, Self-Compassion, Re-parenting
- Class 8: Living Mindfully – Caring for Yourself while Caring for Your Child